Church and Christian School Partnerships
We believe the most effective context for long term, lasting transformation is the local church. We understand how as a pastor or church leader you often wrestle with how to provide the best care possible for those in your church. We know there are often issues that need more specific and specialized care. We also know how difficult it can be to find a trusted counselor to work with who shares your mission, vision, and values. Therefore, one of the most important things we do is develop strong partnerships with local churches.
In no way does Made to Thrive Counseling seek to subvert the important role of pastoral care. Rather, we seek to enhance and support those tasked with overseeing it.
This unique vision for counseling in the local church allows us to partner with pastors across eastern North Carolina who are deeply invested in the flourishing of their congregants.
Counselors at Made to Thrive Counseling seek to walk along side you in the care and shepherding of your flock through theologically sound biblical counseling that leads people to heart change and redemption.
Please contact us for more information about local church partnership involvement. We would welcome the opportunity to speak with your leadership team regarding partnering with Made to Thrive Counseling.
Benefits of Church Partnerships
- Pastors and church leaders have a trusted group of counselors that they can send members to for sound Christian counseling
- There is no charge to the church unless the church chooses to assist a member in paying for counseling
- Pastors and church leaders can consult with a licensed counselor on issues that are affecting church members
- Educational workshops for church leaders and members for minimal or no cost
- Discounted counseling fees for pastors and ministry staff
Issues We Can Help With
- marriage conflicts (infidelity, abuse, communication issues, blended family issues, in-law problems, parenting conflicts)
- anxiety, fear, worry
- grief and loss
- sadness, loneliness, depression
- trauma from childhood
- trauma from adulthood
- divorce recovery
- understanding false guilt vs. real guilt
- difficulty seeing their worth in Christ rather than the world’s self-esteem
- parenting issues, child behavior problems
- forgiveness (what it is, what it isn’t)
- recognizing sin and confessing to God
- boundaries, people pleasing
- difficulty trusting God
- difficulty accepting God’s love
Christian School Partnerships
We know that children and families in Christian schools are struggling with anxiety, depression, trauma, family conflicts, marriage issues, and parenting issues. We also understand that most schools cannot offer all of the resources needed to handle the many issues that student and families are dealing with. Many of these issues may originate in the home environment, but they certainly influence behavior far beyond the home. Not every child behavior problem requires professional interventions, but many do, especially since many of today’s parents are parenting the way the world says they should and not the way God says they should.
We love to partner with like minded believers, coming along side them and helping them provide Christ centered teaching and guidance on solving today’s challenging life issues.
Benefits of Christian School Partnerships
- Administrators, faculty, and staff have a trusted group of counselors that they can send students and families to for sound Christian counseling
- Administrators and teachers can consult with a licensed counselor on issues that are affecting students and families
- Educational workshops for administrators, faculty, and staff at minimal or no cost
- Discounted counseling fees for administrators, faculty, and staff
Issues We Can Help With
- poor attention and hyperactive behaviors
- disruptive behavior
- lack of motivation
- sadness, crying, separation issues
- anxiety, social anxiety, shyness
- difficulty with peers